Commencement Ceremony Information - Guest Information
June 5, 2020
Graduates should arrive by 9:00 AM. Gates will open for guests to begin entering at 9:00 am. Guests should enter the colored gate that corresponds to their ticket.
• Each graduate will be provided with two color-coded tickets.
• Graduates must pick up their tickets on Monday, June 1st, at the Senior Pickup in front of YCHS. (10:00 am - 4:00 pm).
• Graduates and guests should park in the lot assigned to their seating section.
• York Fire Department and York Police Department will be present to help direct cars to parking spaces and appropriate gates.
Handicap Parking and Seating
• Handicapped parking will be available in Pride Circle.
• Handicapped attendees will need to have a handicap license plate or tag visible to parking attendants and officers directing traffic.
• Handicapped seating will be available between the upper and lower sections on the home side of the stadium and may be accessed using the Red, Blue, or Yellow Gate.
Guest Entrance to Stadium and Exit to Parking Lot
• Guests will sit in the Home and Visitor Bleachers.
• There will be four (4) entrances for guests. Gates are color coded and correlate to the color of the ticket: Red Gate, Blue Gate, Green Gate, Yellow Gate
• Staff will direct guests to their assigned section in the Bleachers.
• Seating is first come first serve within the guests designated section.
• At the conclusion of the ceremony Event Personnel will be dismissed in a staggered format to prevent large crowds from forming.
• Guests are asked to report directly to their cars after exiting the stadium.
• Guests must leave campus immediately after the ceremony in order to comply with the Governor’s Social Distancing guidelines.
Social Distancing and Medical Guidelines
• Seating arrangements will follow social distancing as required by Governor Henry McMaster’s Executive Order. Event Personnel will direct guests to their seating sections.
• Seats will be placed six feet apart. That distance must be maintained.
• All students and guests may wear a mask while on campus and during the ceremony. Masks will be provided for graduates. Guests wishing to wear a mask should bring their own.
• When lines form, the six foot distance between individuals must be maintained. Staff will be on site to monitor and remind guests of this requirement.
• If you are immunocompromised, please exercise good judgement as to whether to attend.
Emergency Medical Locations
• Emergency medical staff will be located in tents at the entrance to the stadium, as well as the Upper and Lower Concession Stands.
• Ambulance service will be on site.
• Men’s and women’s restrooms are located on the sides of all three concession stands.
• Restrooms will be monitored and occupancy limitations will be enforced.
• Due to COVID-19 restrictions we will not be able to operate concessions.
• Guests will be allowed to bring an unopened, sealed bottle of water.
Dress for Guests
• Dress attire is business casual. An outdoor graduation in June has the added elements of heat and humidity. Please be mindful of this when choosing your attire.
• Prepare for outdoor weather in June, so bring sunscreen and a sealed bottle of water.
Photography & Videography
• Grad Images will be taking pictures of graduates as they cross the stage.
• Candid photography will be taken throughout the ceremony and posted to the district webpage and social media.
• The ceremony will be live-streamed and available on district social media channels.
• Guests will not be allowed to leave their seats in order to take photos of their graduate.
• District officials request that families take group photos at home before or after the ceremony.
• Participants are reminded to maintain social distancing guidelines at all times inside of YCHS Stadium and in the parking lot.