The following update was shared via website update, district app, and email & SMS text to all district parents on February 10, 2021:
York School District One February 10, 2021 Update
Make-up Day: February 15, 2021
As a reminder, York School District One will have an eLearning Day on Monday, February 15, 2021, for the day the district missed on October 29, 2020.
Extension of Hybrid A/B/SEE Schedule
York School District One has continued to monitor COVID-19 numbers within our schools, district, and county. At this time, we will remain in the AA/SEE/BB model for students and staff at YCHS and FDJTC. Remaining in Hybrid until March 8 will allow the district time to:
• Finish installation of Plexiglas desk shields at YCHS
• Complete the fabrication of Plexiglas barriers at FDJTC
• Implement a vaccine clinic for staff (if teachers are moved to Phase 1A)
March 8, 2021 is the target date to begin the 4+1 Hybrid Model for YCHS/FDJTC. If there is any change to this date, we will announce it on Wednesday, February 24, 2021.
When the district moves fully into the 4+1 model at the high school level, parents should expect the following:
• Bus pick-up times may need to be adjusted to accommodate route changes;
• Wednesday will remain S.E.E. Day; and
• Students and staff will continue to wear masks at arrival, dismissal, class changes, and in the classroom, when adequate social distancing is not possible.
York School District One COVID-19 Testing
This week, YSD1 has begun COVID-19 testing within the district using the BinaxNOW Rapid Tests. Testing is for symptomatic students and staff only. An appointment is required and student appointments will be available on Wednesday afternoons from 1:00 P.M. – 3:00 P.M.
The school nurse will be the conduit for setting up a test by appointment only for any student or staff member who shows symptoms at school.
Next Update: February 24, 2021
Instructional Mode for F2F:
• Grades PK – 6: 4 days/week of F2F with SEE Days on Wednesdays
• Grades 7 - 8: 4 days/week of F2F with SEE Days on Wednesdays
• Grades 9 - 12: Remain in Hybrid Model AA/SEE/BB