Mission, Vision, Beliefs, and Commitments
During the 2020-2021 school year York School District One engaged in a process to foster the design and development of a support system that builds capacity, advances learning outcomes, and creates a shared understanding aligned with the district's mission, vision, beliefs, and board priorities. A variety of stakeholders engaged in a process to help identify the district's strengths and areas of future focus.
Our mission is to cultivate a service-oriented community of learners who strive for personal growth and excellence as communicators, collaborators, creators, and critical thinkers.
To Learn, Serve, and Give as ONE
- Learning is a life-long, ever-changing process for students and staff.
- Each child is unique and should have the opportunity to reach his/her full potential.
- A safe, orderly, and nurturing environment is essential for learning.
- Education is a collaborative effort between schools and the community.
- Technology is a tool that should be leveraged to enhance the teaching and learning process.
- Teaching and learning should be relevant, individualized, and intentional to equip students for success.
- We will foster and maintain a safe learning environment for students and staff.
- We will establish and nurture trusting and caring relationships with students, families, community members, and colleagues.
- We will provide quality learning experiences to meet the individual needs of students.
- We will embrace a commitment to continuous learning for students and staff.
- We will partner and collaborate with students, families, and the community to enhance educational experiences.