The following update was shared via phone, email, district app, website update and email to all district parents and staff on July 28, 2021:
On Tuesday, July 27, 2021, at the Special Called Meeting of the York School District One Board of Trustees, the Board approved the district’s In-Person Operational Plan for the 2021-2022 school year. Some notable details from the plan include:
- Masks will be strongly encouraged
- Desk shields will be removed, but will remain available for those that desire to use one
- Parents and visitors will be welcomed back to our school; please make arrangements with the school administration
- Field trips will be allowed
- Use of the COVID-19 Dashboard to communicate school and district-level COVID-19 positive cases, quarantines, and isolations will continue throughout the 2021-2022 school year.
Instructional mode decisions are directly tied to the spread of COVID-19 in our district and schools. Our In-Person Operational Plan provides guidance on how changes at the classroom, school, and district level will be considered in order to avoid large-scale instructional changes. The In-Person Operational Plan can be found on our website at www.york.k12.sc.us/tlc.
We continue to encourage our community to consider getting vaccinated for COVID-19 in order to reduce the spread and impact of the virus in our schools and community. Vaccines are available for everyone 12 years and older and are free of charge, regardless of health insurance status. Visit https://vaxlocator.dhec.sc.gov/ to find a local provider.