York School District 1 works with community organizations and groups that sponsor activities of an education or enrichment nature for students by distributing materials electronically via Peachjar.
For years, schools in York School District 1 have sent home various flyers the way most schools did — in backpacks and "Wednesday Folders." These flyers reach students and, sometimes, parents. However, that process created a lot of extra work for school staff, teachers, and parent volunteers who spent time each week counting them all out. Obviously, the process wasn’t environmentally friendly either.
Partnering with Peachjar, York Schools District 1 has implemented a solution that should make sure information gets to our students’ families, does not burden office staff and teachers, and also helps in the district’s efforts to go green. A nice side benefit is non-profit organizations, school organizations and others will save paper and the costs associated with copying and delivering flyers.
How does this benefit parents?
Peachjar manages this service on behalf of York School District 1.
Approved flyers, delivered to parents by email, keep parents informed about upcoming school activities, programs and events and community or youth activities, programs and events.
In households with multiple caregivers, flyers don’t always make it to the right parent or guardian. With this system, family members have immediate access to flyers online and the ability to sign up to receive flyers instantly via email.
Parents will receive a welcome email from the service provider, Peachjar, that includes a username and password. To ensure smooth delivery of this communication, please add email@example.com to your email contacts.
If you do not get an email from Peachjar, the district does not have a good email address for you in PowerSchool. You should contact your child’s school and ask them to update your PowerSchool information.
Non-profit organizations and others — How do you get a flyer approved?
To request flyer approval, follow the steps below. Once approved, your flyer will be automatically emailed to all parents and posted online. Paper flyers from outside organizations will no longer be distributed.
- Visit www.peachjar.com
- Register as an Program Provider (account type).
- Upload your flyer for approval.
Your flyer will be automatically submitted to the district's Communication Department for review the material and approval. Peachjar charges a fee for this service that is typically much less than the cost to copy and deliver paper flyers to each school. Read more about the service fees.
Contact Peachjar for pricing and discount information. Peachjar Customer Service can be reached at 858-997-2117 or at www.peachjar.com
What must appear on the flyer?
• The sponsoring organization’s full name
• The sponsoring organization’s address
• The sponsoring organization’s email address
• The sponsoring organization’s telephone number
• The sponsoring organization’s web address
• The sponsoring organization’s non-profit 501c3 status
What flyers meet the district’s criteria?
- Programs or events held within York County
- Activities that benefit our students, help develop character, etc.
- Programs or events that are youth-related or related to youth education
- Flyers that come from approved youth character-building organizations
- Flyers that pertain to activities of the community recreation program
- Flyers that do not promote nor discourage religion
- Flyers does not promote a political party, organization or viewpoint
- Flyers nondenominational in nature
- Flyer contains school names only as part of the location information for events held at schools and in no way implies event is endorsed by school or district
- Flyer does not disrupt the educational process, violate the rights of others, including material that is defamatory, invade the privacy of others, infringe on a copyright, or be obscene, vulgar or indecent
The school district reserves the right to disallow a flyer for posting if it feels it is not in the best interest of children and their families.