Dear Student Leadership Applicant,
Greetings! I applaud you for considering applying to the Student Leadership course! It is never easy putting yourself front and center among your peers. Being a leader requires hard work, sacrifice, and dedication. It also asks you to stay positive even when it is hard and make decisions for the greater good- even if that isn’t always popular.
Please take time to read the entire contents of the application before you begin. It contains some very important information.
Some key points to remember:
• The application process consists of: (1) the application and essay, (2) an interview, and (3) school data.
• All applications are due before May 28 at 8:00 PM. Essays must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org by 8:00PM on this date as well.
• Any application turned in after May 28 will not be considered.
• If you are hoping to run for Student Body President (12th), Student Body Vice President (11th or 12th) or Senior Class President (12th), you must first be admitted into the Student Leadership class.
• If you are not admitted into the class, you will receive a letter notifying you that you did not make it. Reasons for not getting admitted into the class can include: low scores on any portion of the application process, OSS/behavior, poor teacher recommendations, poor academic scores, etc. Your final score will not be discussed with you, but you may meet with the student leadership advisor to discuss ways to improve and grow so that you might apply next year.
• If you are not admitted into the class, we encourage you to still be part of the student council through events and participation. • If you are not admitted, please apply again next year.
• APPLY EVEN IF YOU DON’T KNOW HOW YOUR SCHEDULE WILL WORK OUT.
• If you have any questions or concerns, please email Ms. Ziegler at email@example.com
Best of luck to all of you!