New Student Registration
The following process is for New Students to York One Schools and returning for a new school year. If your student is currently enrolled, please visit the Returning Student Registration page to register your students for the new school year.
STEP 1: Gather the required documents
There are certain documents and information you are required to provide in order to officially enroll your student with York School District One.
- Student’s legal birth certificate (long form with seal) or another valid proof of age (e.g. passport)
- South Carolina certificate of immunization
- Parents have a 30 day grace period to submit an immunization record. After the grace period, students will not be allowed to attend school until documentation is provided that ensures all immunizations are up-to-date.
- Immunization records from other states will be accepted if child's vaccines are up-to-date. The school nurse will assist parents with conversion to SC documentation.
- Custody papers or court orders, if applicable
- A copy of your child’s unofficial transcript or latest report card from their previous school
- Proof of residency; Acceptable documents include one of the following:
- Most recent electric, gas or water utility bill showing name and address of the parent/legal guardian (within last 60 days)
- Most recent tax notice on real property showing name and address of parent/legal guardian
- Most recent copy of closing statement on home purchase with address and name of parent/legal guardian
- Most recent copy of signed, dated lease agreement from rental company, mobile home park, or similar agent showing name and address of parent/legal guardian
*NOTE: If the student and his/her parent/legal guardian resides in a household which is not leased or owned by the parent/legal guardian, further documentation is required. Click here for more info.
If you wish to register your student for our 4 year-old Pre-K (CERDEP) program, please click here for more info.
Step 2: Find your child's school
All students are required to attend the school in which they are zoned by residence. Students must reside with their parents or legal guardians in order to be eligible for enrollment. Only the parent or legal guardian is allowed to enroll their student, and must be present at the time of enrollment.
Click here and enter your street address in the School Locater to find which school your student(s) will attend.
Step 3: Pre-register your child
- Visit the district’s Registration Gateway by clicking here.
- IMPORTANT: Write down and save the username and password you create for your account.
- Follow the instructions to register your child.
- At the end of the online registration process, the school's registrar will contact you.
Step 4: Attend in-person registration appointment
- Bring all registration documents, even if you uploaded them, for verification purposes.
- Complete and bring in any additional forms, if applicable.
- If unable to make the appointment or need to reschedule, you can do so through the Registration Gateway or by contacting the school directly.
An annual Technology Fee is required for each student. Parents should register in the York One Schools Edlio Online Store to complete payment. Instructions for Parents to Register on Edlio.
If you have any questions, please contact the York School District One office at 803-684-9916.